1. These terms and conditions are the Prize Rules ("Rules") and only apply to the Prize Draw ("Prize Draw") featured in each edition of Havebury News unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering this Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Havebury Housing Partnership’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted on the Havebury Housing Partnership website or a request can be made for a copy to be sent.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to this Prize Draw, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. To qualify to enter this Prize Draw you must be an occupant of Havebury Housing Partnership and residing in a Havebury Housing Partnership property. The address you provide with your Prize Draw entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
5. Employees of Havebury Housing Partnership or any associated company of Havebury Housing Partnership and their immediate families, persons connected with the prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, publishers and their agents are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
6. Additional eligibility requirements will apply to this Prize Draw, e.g. a valid passport, current utility bill and/or driver's licence will be required as proof of identity.
7. By entering this Prize Draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
8. Havebury Housing Partnership assumes that by reading the Havebury News or by entering the Prize Draw by returning the questionnaire you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Prize Draw and these Rules.
9. Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
10. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Prize Draw, Havebury Housing Partnership in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
Prize Draw Entries
11. Only one entry per person for the Prize Draw is allowed and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Havebury Housing Partnership discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Prize Draw entries must completed by the closing date specified in the Havebury News. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
14. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Prize Draw online, by return post of the questionnaire or from the Census telephone call.
15. Prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in Havebury News. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
16. Prize winners will be notified within the time specified online and in the next edition of the Havebury News. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified and within the time stated may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Prize winner(s) names may be published in the Havebury News.
17. Claims for prizes must be made within the time specified in the Havebury News. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
18. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
Use of Entries
19. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. If relevant, Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
20. Havebury Housing Partnership cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting any prize. Havebury Housing Partnership is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Prize Draw. Nothing shall exclude Havebury Housing Partnership’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
21. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Havebury Housing Partnership reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
23. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
CHECKED OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING AND GUIDANCE ON THE UK REGULATIONS (MAY 2008) IMPLEMENTING THE UNFAIR COMMERCIAL PRACTICES DIRECTIVE AND GAMBLING ACT 2005]