Applying for Settled Status
Posted on: October 15th 2019   •    Posted in: General News

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Over 1 million EU/ EEA or Swiss Citizens residents in the UK have applied for ‘Settled Status’ for free to continue living in the UK, and to assist with identification, employment and benefit matters.

We are encouraging as many of our tenants as possible to check the Government website to ensure themselves and their families are covered.

Once you have applied and your application has been confirmed successful, you will receive either a settled, or pre-settled status. Please note, you will not be asked to choose which you’re applying for. Which status you get depends on how long you’ve been living in the UK once you apply. Your individual rights will be different depending on which status you get.

The term EEA includes the EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

The EU Settlement Scheme is now open, the deadline for applying is 30 June 2021 – It’s FREE.

Who should apply?

Except in a few cases, you will need to apply if you;

  • ¬†are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • Not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but a family member is
  • you were born in the UK but you are NOT a British Citizen
  • you have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
  • are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply (including those from Ireland)
  • you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member

The Government website should be able to answer any further questions you may have.



Share with others