We understand that many of you might be anxious at letting a contractor into your home. But we can assure you we are adhering to all the current safe working guidance.
Examples of servicing/inspections we may have to complete in your home
- Gas Servicing
- Electrical Inspections
- Asbestos Surveys
- Stock Survey Inspections
- Lift Servicing
- Water Hygiene Assessments
Under the current guidelines we will
- Ask if you or a member of your household has symptoms or is self-isolating when booking your appointment. We will repeat these questions when we arrive at your home.
- We will wear the relevant PPE. This will include a surgical mask and gloves.
- Wipe down all surfaces and anything we touch.
- Demonstrate social distancing at all times.
There are a few reasons why we need to carry out these inspections. These include;
- To keep you and your family safe
- Ensuring you are your family always have hot water and electricity
- To make sure all electrical appliances are safe to use
Under current guidelines there are a few things that we will expect from you when we attend your home for servicing and inspections
- We ask that everyone in the property wears a surgical mask or appropriate face covering while works are being carried out in their home (unless you are exempt for medical reasons).
- Our contractors will need access to the whole property for an electrical, asbestos or stock condition survey. For safety please make sure you’re in a different room to the surveyor whilst they are there.
- The Surveyor will let you know if they need you whilst they’re there.
- Make sure all internal doors are open (including built in cupboards). This is to reduce physical contact with anything in the property.
- Please open the back door (where applicable) to allow access to the external areas.
- We also recommend that windows are open to allow for ventilation around the property.
Here is a message from Sandra Norris (Chair of the Tenants’ Forum)
“I have just had my gas boiler serviced for the year which went through very safely and quickly. The contractor arrived on time and I was pleased to see that he was kitted out in a mask and gloves. I waited in the living room while he checked my boiler.
Havebury have to do these checks by law so it’s really important that we do our bit and let them in. I felt really safe the whole time and it didn’t really feel too different from when they came last year. At least I know my boiler is safe for the winter now.”
Need to contact us?
Arrangements of these appointments will be done by a member of the Havebury team. If you would like to contact us you can do so on 0300 3300 900 option 2,1 and then 3 for gas/electrical Inspections and 4 for asbestos and stock surveys
Find a complete information booklet here.