The key areas of this are:
- Universal definition of a complaint
- Providing easy access to the complaints procedure and ensuring residents are aware of it, including their right to access the Housing Ombudsman Service
- The structure of the complaints procedure – only two stages necessary and clear timeframes set out for responses
- Ensuring fairness in complaint handling with a resident-focused process
- Taking action to put things right and appropriate remedies
- Creating a positive complaint handling culture through continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrating learning in Annual Reports.
All landlords were required to self-assess and publish against this code by 31 December 2020. Our assessment of this is here.
As you can see, we have made some changes in complaints handling as a result of this Code.
Jenny Spoor, Director of Operations, said
“Complaints are a really valuable source of information for us. We want to learn where we’ve got things wrong so we can put things right and further improve the services we deliver to you.”
For further information on making a complaint, or to feedback on good service you’ve received from us, please click here.