Facebook      Twitter      Text to Speech      myHavebury

Get in touch 0300 3300 900

EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Over 1 million EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in the UK have applied for Settled Status for free to continue living in the UK. This also helps them with identification, employment and benefit matters.

We are urging our tenants to apply via the Government website, to give them peace of mind that they and their families are covered.

Once you have successfully applied, you will receive either a settled or pre-settled status. The status you receive will depend on how long you’ve been living in the UK at the time of your application. Your individual rights will be different depending on which status you are given. The deadline to apply is 30 June 2021.

The term EEA includes EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Who should apply?

Except in a few cases, you will need to apply if you;

  • are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but a family member is
  • were born in the UK but you are NOT a British citizen
  • have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
  • are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply (including those from Ireland)
  • you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member

For further information, visit the Government website.

Share with others

The Housing Ombudsman Service published a new Complaints Handling Code in July 2020.

All landlords were required to self-assess and publish against this code by 31 December 2020. Our assessment of this is here https://www.havebury.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Self-assessment-form-HHP.pdf

#Respecting #Engaging #Fair #Complaints