We have adapted very well to remote working, and are still providing key services via telephone and email.
How services are operating to reflect our NATIONAL LOCKDOWN status which began on 6 January 2021
Havebury office and customer service
Our office remains closed to the public. But there are a number of ways you can contact us:
- You can use myHavebury to check your tenancy, pay your rent and report repairs, fly-tips and abandoned vehicles. (All new repair requests will be logged and appointments will be made once it is safe to do so)
- You can contact us via email and our social media page
- You can contact us on 0300 330 0900
- Incoming and outgoing post will continue to be monitored daily
- Our out of hours telephone line is available for emergency repairs
Paying your rent and income support
- We will continue to offer income, welfare and benefit advice over the phone
- You can check your balance and pay your rent via myHavebury
- Our team will be in contact if you are arrears, to help get you back on track and offer advice and support if you need it
- You can call us to set up direct debit payments or order a new rent card. However, you can also do this via myHavebury on your tablet or mobile phone
- We will continue to carry out sign up and mutual exchange affordability checks remotely
Assisted living and supported accommodation
- We will continue to support our tenant via telephone support. We will conduct urgent visits in line with our safe working practices
- Our supported gardening services will continue
- We will be carrying out our routine health and safety checks at all our schemes, whilst practising social distancing at all times
- We will continue to remotely complete property adaptation assessments and will respond based on the urgency of the case. All non-essential work will pause for the duration of the lockdown
If access is required to your homes, we have temporarily suspended our routine repairs service. If you have a pending appointment booked in with us, we will contact you shortly to cancel the appointment, this repair will then be added to a ‘repairs backlog’ list.
Once it is safe to do so, a member of our team will contact you to re-schedule this repair.
Any routine repairs made by telephone or via myHavebury during lockdown will be logged and added to the ‘repairs backlog’ list. As stated above, once it is safe to do so, we will contract you to book this appointment at a time that suits you.
We will still be carrying out external repairs in line with our safe working practices.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
If you have an emergency repair, please call 0300 3300 900. These include:
- An uncontrollable leak
- Blocked drains
- Faulty electrics
- Gas leaks
- Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms sounding
- No heat or hot water
- Communal aerial/data systems failures
- Risk to tenant life
- Any work required for a property to become available as emergency accommodation
If you have an urgent or emergency repair and are self isolating or have symptoms of Covid-19, our technicians can still carry out the works. They will take extra safety precautions and will be in full protective clothing. They will record any follow-on works and complete outstanding repairs at a later date. For more information, click here
The most recent guidance from the Government and the Regulator of Social Housing says that landlords must make tenant safety a priority. It outlines that we should start to carry out essential gas services again.
We understand that you might be anxious about letting a contractor into your home. But we can assure you we are adhering to all the current safe working guidance. This guide explains how we are approaching boiler servicing during Covid-19.
- We will continue to complete our servicing programme to ensure our tenants remain safe in their homes, whilst also carrying out essential health and safety tests. We appreciate some may be delayed and need rescheduling due to you or your families needing to self-isolate
- External capital works will continue. Any major works undertaken internally will be considered and progressed on a case by case basis
- Our full allocations service will remain however all sign-ups and viewings will be virtual. If a face to face meeting is absolutely necessary, PPE must be worn
Viewings and Sign Up’s
- We continue to adhere to Government Guidelines and legislation during this pandemic especially when it comes to viewing properties
- Havebury operate a “contactless” viewing for all Applicants to keep our Tenants and colleagues as safe as possible
- If there is an essential reason why an Applicant should view the property in person this will be discussed at the time
- iDverde will continue to carry out grounds maintenance works. We will continue to hold socially distanced joint visits to ensure quality maintain standards
We will aim to support you to move home via a mutual exchange and will do this in line with our safe working practices.
We will continue to work on existing mutual exchange applications, however, any new applications will be considered on a case by case basis until it is safe to resume visits.
As always, if you need us – we are here!
Our cleaning contractors Vertas continue to carry out the essential sanitising of our independent living schemes and the communal areas of our blocks of flats. If you see them carrying out this work, please stick to social distancing advice.
As always, if you need us – we are here!