We want to reassure you that Havebury is here to support you during these difficult and challenging times and although you may have to communicate with us in a different way, we are still here.
For the latest Government Guidelines surrounding Coronavirus, please click here.
We want to reassure you Havebury is here to support you during these difficult and challenging times and although you may have to communicate with us in a different way, we are still here.
From Tuesday 24th March, in line with Government guidelines, our services will be changing as follows;
- Our head office will be closed to members of the public.
- You can still contact the Havebury Team by calling 0300 3300 900 or via email. All contact details for our teams can be found here.
- Our repairs services will be carrying out emergency repairs ONLY, this includes compliance work/essential safety checks to keep you and your family safe in your homes. Please note; Government guidelines are changing daily so please check the Havebury website for the latest updates regarding the services Havebury is providing.
- We are pausing lettings and mutual exchanges of our properties.
- If you are self-isolating and/or have symptoms and your repair is urgent/emergency, our Technicians and Contractors will carry out the emergency works but will take extra safety precautions and will be in full protective clothing. These works need to be carried out to ensure we continue to keep you and your family safe in your homes. Any follow-on works will be recorded, and arrangements made at a later time to revisit and complete any outstanding repairs in full.
- If you have a general repair appointment scheduled in with us, a member of our team will be in touch over the coming days to cancel this and a new appointment will be arranged once the Government has confirmed it is safe to resume our general repairs service.
- We ask that you please do not visit family or friends and avoid communal areas and sheltered schemes
- Communal areas in our sheltered schemes and other properties with shared lounges will be closed.
- If you are worried about paying your rent or what the current situation means for you financially, please contact us by telephone so that we can provide you support and guidance. For the most up to date information about Universal Credit; how to claim, what will happen to your current payments and more please visit the Universal Credit website.
Frequently asked questions
I am worried about paying my rent if I must self-isolate or cannot work, what support is available?
If you are concerned or simply want to talk to us about what self-isolation means for you and your family and paying your rent, please call our dedicated team on 0300 3300900 and select option 2, then 2 and 2 again. We will be happy to discuss options and signpost you for any additional support you might be entitled to.
The best thing to do if you are experiencing difficulty with paying your rent is to speak to us.
For the most up to date information about Universal Credit; how to claim, what will happen to your current payments and more please visit the Universal Credit website.
Click here for more information on what support may be available to you.
What is classed as an emergency repair?
Emergency repairs include;
- An uncontrollable leak
- Blocked drains
- Faulty electrics
- Gas leaks
- Carbon monoxide and smoke alarm sounding
- No heat or hot water
- Communal aerial/data systems failures
- Life failure
- Any work required for a property to be made available for emergency accommodation
If you have any questions, or simply want to speak to us, please do not hesitate to call our team on 0300 3300 900