Equal Opportunities at Havebury
Havebury is committed to providing fair and effective services to our tenants and our employees. Please select our Equality and Diversity Policy for further details as well as our corporate Equality and Diversity webpage.
Havebury Housing Partnership is an Equal Opportunities employer and is dedicated to ensuring that all prospective employees and current employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. As an organisation that is committed to equality and diversity, we have signed up to the below initiatives.
Positive about Disabled People
Havebury is proud to have been awarded the 'Positive about disabled people' accreditation standard, by Jobcentre Plus. To be awarded, Havebury made a commitment to adhere to the 5 standards as detailed below, in all employing, retaining, career development and training of disabled people:
1. To interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
2. To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to ensure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
3. To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
4. To take action to ensure that all employees develop their appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
5. To review these commitments annually and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
Havebury is proud to be members of Inclusive Employers, who are the UK's first and leading membership organisation for employers looking to build inclusive workplaces and are responsible for providing creative and engaging initiatives to build inclusive cultures, supporting us in developing ways to increase inclusion within the workplace and share best practice.