We have signed up to the below initiatives to strengthen our commitment to equal opportunities.
We are proud to have the Disability Confident award from Jobcentre Plus. To gain this accreditation, we made a commitment to adhere to the five standards as detailed below. These must apply when we employ, retain, train and develop the careers of disabled people.
1. To interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
2. To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to ensure they can develop and use their abilities
3. To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
4. To take action to ensure that all employees develop their appropriate level of disability awareness. To ensure these commitments work
5. To review these commitments annually and assess achievements. To inform employees and Jobcentre Plus about our progress and future plans
We are proud to be a member of Inclusive Employers, the UK’s leading membership organisation.
Inclusive Employers offers advice on creative and engaging ways to build inclusive cultures, both in and out of the workplace. Being a member also gives us the chance to share best practice with other employers.