Positive about Disabled People
Havebury is proud to have the ‘Positive about disabled people’ award. An accreditation standard, by Jobcentre Plus.
To gain this award, Havebury made a commitment to adhere to the 5 standards as detailed below. This must apply in all employing, retaining, career development and training of disabled people:
1. To interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
2. To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to ensure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
3. To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
4. To take action to ensure that all employees develop their appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
5. To review these commitments annually and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.