National Debt Line
Provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.
Your rent responsibilities
Like to find out more about your rent responsibilities? This will ensure you are aware of how much rent you should pay.
Benefit fraud was recently voted the third most worried about type of fraud. This figure came from the Crimestoppers website during a poll hosted this year.
Benefit fraud and tax credit fraud cost the UK £1.6 billion a year. With £1.2 billion of this coming from benefit fraud and £0.4 billion lost on tax credits.
This type of fraud also affects HMRC in relation to the abuse of tax credits. Crimestoppers and DWP have launched a campaign to encourage people to report suspected benefit fraud.
Most people on benefits only claim what they are entitled to. There are some who exploit the benefit system to take money they are not entitled to.
An example would be a person who claims they are a single parent, when they in fact live with their partner.
Other types of benefit fraud include claimants not declaring properties they rent out. Or not declaring income from jobs by saying they cannot find work.
If you have any information about anyone committing benefit fraud. Or any other crime, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or use this online form.
Our Welfare and Benefits Advisors are here to help you maximise your income and employment opportunities. Please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0300 3300 900 (option 2,2,3) to discuss this further.
Havebury and support agencies
Havebury has good links with local advisory and support agencies. We can make referrals to offer you further support. This can help you maintain your tenancy and improve your financial circumstances.
- Direct Gov – advice on money, tax and benefits
- Benefits Advisor service on Direct Gov Website
- Advice on Basic Bank accounts
- National Debtline – free and confidential and independent advice
- CA – Citizens Advice – free, independent and confidential advice
- Money Savings Expert – provide the money savings guides, tips and tools.
- The Money Advice Service – a not for profit organisation created to help people with their finances
- Eastern Savings & Loans – Affordable credit and low cost loans
- StepChange Debt Charity
- Charitable trusts – Turn2Us – enable you to look for a charity that may be able to help
- Christians Against Poverty – a national debt counselling charity