Permission for Alterations to your home
If you are altering existing, adding or removing any fittings or structures, you will need to get advanced permission from Havebury.
Permission will be automatically refused if you have debt with Havebury or if you have not given Havebury access to carry out Electrical Inspections, Gas or Oil Servicing, Asbestos & Stock Condition Surveys.
You must ensure you obtain any planning permission you need and keep to all relevant building regulations. You must do the work to a reasonable standard.
If you live in a Havebury home:
- Please be aware that asbestos may be present in your property. We will check any asbestos surveys for your property prior to permission. If permission is granted, a copy of the asbestos survey can be obtained from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your tenancy agreement does not allow any of the following changes without prior written permission:
- Make any changes or improvements to your home or its fittings. This includes electrical or gas or other equipment.
- Build any shed, garage, building, fence, greenhouse, pond or other structure.
- Install any equipment used for broadcasting or receiving signals, such as satellite dishes TV and VHF aerials for terrestrial transmission.
- If planning permission is required, you need to provide proof with this application that permission has been granted and keep to all relevant building regulations. If you do not, we will treat it as breaking the terms of tenancy.
Any work that will disturb asbestos containing materials must be carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines, and where necessary, by a licensed contractor. Further information regarding this is available at www.hse.gov.uk.
If you do not live in a Havebury home:
- Please be aware that asbestos may be present in your property. It is advisable that an asbestos survey is carried out by a qualified surveyor prior to work being done. Any asbestos removal needs to be carried out in accordance to the HSE guidelines.
- If planning permission is required, you need to provide proof with this application that permission has been granted and keep to all relevant building regulations.
Please allow 4 working weeks to hear back from the Havebury Housing Partnership about your permission request.
Click here for the Application to carry out Alterations or Improvements to your home.
To read our policy about making alterations/improvements to your home, please click here.
We are collecting and processing your personal data for the purpose of requesting permission for alterations or improvements. For more information about your rights, go to www.havebury.com/AboutMyData