Facebook      Twitter      Text to Speech      myHavebury

Get in touch 0300 3300 900

Home Contents Insurance for Havebury Tenants

Home Contents Insurance for Havebury Tenants

What would you do if you arrived home to find out that someone had broken into your property? Insure your home contents and get peace of mind

Havebury Housing Partnership do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.

My Home Contents Insurance

Havebury Housing Partnership have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply. Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

10 Reasons to choose My Home Contents Insurance
  1. Apply over the telephone or complete an application form
  2. No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
  3. Theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks are covered
  4. Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
  5. Contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £2000) are covered
  6. Damage to external glazing for which you are responsible is covered
  7. Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
  8. You don’t need to have special door or window locks
  9. All postcodes are included
  10. Flexible regular Pay‐As‐You‐Go payment options

Who is this policy for?

Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Allianz Insurance plc. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully. Based on the information which has been provided to you if you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks.

How do I get further information?

If you’d like to apply for home contents insurance, you can do so by completing an application form or by calling Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288. Alternatively, visit www.myhome@thistleinsurance.co.uk for more information. Prior to completing the application form, please review the Thistle Insurance Services Terms of Business Agreement and Insurance Product Information Document. These documents give you important information on your rights and how we deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover. Please note that all Tenant Risks business is arranged on a non‐advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.

Complaints Process

Thistle Insurance Services always aim to get things right first time and we are committed to ensuring that we achieve the highest level of service for our customers. If you feel this hasn’t happened, we would like to hear about it so that we have an opportunity to put things right for you and to improve our service in the future. Your complaint will be reviewed promptly and fairly by an independent party to the complaint itself.

How to complain

If you wish to raise a complaint you can contact us by telephone, email or in writing. Details can be found in your policy documentation or below:


Thistle Tenant Risks
Thistle Insurance Services Limited
Southgate House
Southgate Street

Telephone: 0345 450 7286        Email: tenantscontents@thistleinsurance.co.uk

You can find out more about the process by clicking here.

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645.

Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Ready to apply?

Fill in your details on the editable application form and send this back to insurance@havebury.com.

Application form
Rate Card

Want to request a call back from a member of the Thistle Tenant Risks My Home team?

If you’d like a call back from one of the Thistle Tenant Risks My Home team, please take a moment to complete the form below.

Or you can call My Home on 0345 450 7288.

If you’re having trouble filling in the form, please email insurance@havebury.com or private message us on Facebook.

My Home contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme provided by the National Housing Federation in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc. and is available for all tenants and residents living in social and affordable housing.
The information you provide on this form will be used for Havebury to make a referral for a call back to discuss the scheme. By submitting your information on this form you are giving us permission to pass this information to Thistle Tenant Risks.

Share with others

We understand booking a test may be difficult at the moment, but if you have Covid-19 symptoms, you must try & book a test - be patient, opportunities are added during the day.

Only people with appointments will be seen at testing centres across Suffolk.