Covid-19 update – 6 January 2021
We aim to support you to move home via a mutual exchange and will do this in line with our safe working practices. We will be continuing to work on existing mutual exchange applications; however, any new applications will be considered on a case by case basis until it is safe to resume visits.
Mutual exchange eligibility
- You must have a clear rent account, including garages
- You must not have any other debts owed to Havebury, for example court costs or repairs
- No current notice of seeking possession must be in force
- You must not be subject to ongoing possession proceedings
- You must not have a court order against you
- There must be no other outstanding breaches of tenancy
- Your home and garden must be in a reasonable condition
- If you have made any alterations to your home, you must have received Havebury’s written permission first. If you did not have permission, you must apply for this before you apply for an exchange
- The exchange must not result in the overcrowding or under-occupation of the home you wish to move to. We will allow one extra bedroom subject to an affordability check
- If your property has adaptations and the new tenant does not need the adaptations, you may not be allowed to exchange
How to find an exchange partner
Register with House Exchange, the best way to find your home swap.
Ready to proceed?
Complete the following application form:Mutual exchange application form
Under normal circumstances, we aim to make a decision on your application within 42 days.