Important information about mutual exchanges
At Havebury, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of staff and tenants and playing our part in preventing the spread of the COVID 19 virus. We are closely following Government guidance and re-introducing services where safe to do so.
With this in mind we have started clearing the backlog of mutual exchanges we had already on the system from March 2020. If this includes you, one of the Havebury team members will be in contact with you shortly to talk you through your application and discuss the procedure moving forward. Please note we will be prioritising the oldest applications first. We will not be able to move everyone straight away and appreciate your patience whilst we get things moving again.
You are still able to make an application to start a new mutual exchange, however, please bear in mind this may take a little longer than usual whilst we clear the existing applications.
Thank you for your patience and understanding
Before a mutual exchange can take place, you must meet certain eligibility criteria.
- You must have a clear rent account (including garage accounts).
- You must not have any other debts owed to Havebury, for example court costs or repairs.
- No current notice of seeking possession must be in force.
- You must not be subject to ongoing possession proceedings.
- You must not have a court order against you.
- There must be no other outstanding breaches of tenancy.
- Your home and garden must be in a reasonable condition.
- If you have made any alterations to your home, you must have received Havebury’s written permission. If you do not have permission, you must apply for this before you apply for an exchange.
- The exchange must not result in the overcrowding or under-occupation of the home you wish to move to. We will allow one extra bedroom however this is subject to an affordability check.
- If your property has adaptations and the new tenant does not need the adaptations, you may not be allowed to exchange.
How to find an exchange partner
House Exchange is the best way to find your home swap. It is a website that has people registered across the country looking for exchanges. Register for free with House Exchange to start your home swapping search.
Once you have considered the above, you can complete your mutual exchange application form.
Ready to proceed?
If you are ready and you have found someone you would like to swap homes with you, you need to complete an application form.Download the Mutual exchange application form
We aim to make a decision in 42 days
Useful InformationView our Mutual exchange timeline View our Property Standard Guidelines View the House Exchange website What counts as a rechargeable repair