Important information about mutual exchanges during Covid-19
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we will be placing any new mutual exchange applications on hold.
Please regularly visit the Havebury website to see when we are able to process applications going forward.
If you have already submitted a mutual exchange application, you will be contacted directly by a member of the Tenancy & Estates Team.
Before a mutual exchange can get approval, you must meet certain conditions. Please ensure that;
- You have a clear rent account for your house (and garage). You must have also paid the balance for any chargeable accounts. Including; court costs, repairs, utilities.
- You must not have a current notice of seeking possession in force. You also must not be subject to possession proceeding against you. This will occur where there are outstanding debts, and/or breaches of your tenancy agreement (eg ASB, neglect of property)
- You must not have a court order against you giving a date for possession. Or any other relevant order against your tenancy.
- The exchange must not result in the overcrowding or under-occupation of the home you wish to move to.
- If you have made any improvements to your home, you must have received Havebury’s written permission. If you do not have permission, you must apply for this before you apply to exchange.
- There must not be any outstanding repairs or redecoration works.
- If your property has adaptations and the new tenants do not need the adaptions, you may not be allowed to exchange.
Once you have considered the above, you can complete your mutual exchange application form.Download the Mutual exchange application form
Ready to proceed?
If the tenant with whom you are swapping is not a Havebury tenant, then their landlord must agree to the exchange taking place. You will need to check whether you will lose any rights, such as the preserved Right to Buy. You can only swap with the tenant of a local authority or another registered social landlord. If you’re ready, check out the House Exchange website and complete the MX form below. Or speak to a member of our Tenancy team on 0300 3300 900.Review our Mutual exchange handbook View our Mutual exchange timeline View the House Exchange website