We wanted to understand what their experience was like when it came to moving into one of our homes. As well as make recommendations on how we can improve the service. 84 residents responded to the survey, thank you to those who got involved.
Key highlights of the feedback include:
- 62% of respondents were satisfied with the level of decoration when they moved in.
- When moving in, 65% of respondents were happy with the home’s cleanliness.
- 53% of respondents were happy with the outside space at their home (where it was applicable).
- When we asked about the helpfulness of the information we sent before a resident moved in, 93% of respondents said they found it helpful or fairly helpful.
- Finally, we asked respondents what we could do to improve their overall experience of moving into a new home. While we met or exceeded expectations for 35% of you, you also gave us helpful feedback that will help us improve.
As a direct result of what you told us, there are four main areas we will be looking to improve our voids standard.
- The quality and range of the information we give you during your sign-up process. Including more details on how your heating system works.
- 15% of respondents said, “The home needed repairs after moving in that Havebury hadn’t noted”. To prevent this from happening in the future, we will ensure we conduct more thorough inspections whilst a home is empty.
- 13% of respondents said that although work had been completed, the quality could have been better. This mainly refers to cases where we finished work in a home and had yet to thoroughly clean up before we left, meaning the resident had to do this after they moved in. We will ensure that this is not the case in the future.
- For some of you, there were preferences for different things that aren’t a part of our current lettings standard, and we’ll look into these in more detail.
We have reviewed all of the suggestions made and have created an action plan to further improve the sign-up and moving-in process.