We have an annual budget to invest in community projects. If your project meets our criteria then we can consider a Community Investment Grant that contributes to the scheme.
To apply for a Community Investment Grant, you can email the team at email@example.com to request a pack or discuss your project with the Community Grant admin team.
For your grant to be considered for funding:
- Must be for community benefit on a not for profit basis;
- The project must identify a need (not running costs);
- Need to be in Havebury’s operational area (within 5 miles of Havebury development;
- We will require a detailed financial plan before considering your project.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much money can I request for my project?
There are no set figures, meaning that there is not a minimum or maximum sum you can apply for. However, it is important to note that we would not fund the total cost of a project that is needed. The panel looks for self-help (for example from fundraising activities) and that you have made applications to other funding sources where available. So the sum requested from Havebury will be in proportion to the total cost.
As a guide, a typical application we receive has a project total value of £4,000 – £5,000 and the sum applied for from Havebury would be between £1,500 – £2,500. On occasions, Havebury has been one of up to 16 funding applications for big projects. However, on other occasions, we are also the only external funder for a small project. We will take the context of your application into consideration.
2. Havebury has given us a grant before – can we apply again?
Yes – If your project is different to the previous one you part-funded through us and you have self-funding as well as fitting all of our requirements then you are eligible to apply at any time. The only provision we may make is that other new applications may be assessed ahead of yours so that they have priority on the budget for that financial year.
3. How do I know if I’m within Havebury’s operational area?
To have a chance of securing a grant from the Community Investment Grant, you need to be in Havebury’s ‘operational area’. To be in this area, your project needs to exist within five miles of Havebury owned properties (including new developments). If you are unsure that your project is within this radius, you can contact the Community Grant admin team on 0300 3300 900, before you submit your application.
4. Our Group is holding an event – can you contribute any grants towards it?
We can’t fund running costs but we may be able to help towards the cost of any permanent equipment that you may need. This is assessed, however, case by case.
5. I’m not too sure that my project meets the required criteria – How can I make sure?
Please get in touch with the Community Grant admin team on 0300 3300 900 who are always happy to assist.