Havebury has an annual budget to invest in community projects. If you have a project that would benefit from funding, email email@example.com to request an application pack. You can also discuss your idea with our admin team by calling 0300 3300 900.
Our criteria for funding:
- Your project must be for the benefit of the community on a not-for-profit basis
- It must identify a specific need
- It needs to be within five miles of a Havebury development
- You will need to provide a detailed financial plan
Frequently asked questions
1. How much money can I request for my project?
There is no minimum or maximum sum for which you can apply. However, we are unable to fund the entire cost of a project. Our panel wants to see that you have raised some money yourself, and that you have made applications to other funding sources where possible.
As a guide, a typical application has a project total of between £4,000 and £5,000, and the sum applied for would be between £1,500 and £2,500. On occasions, we have been one of up to 16 funders for big projects. On others, we have been the sole external funder for a small project.
2. Havebury has given us a grant before – can we apply again?
Yes. If your project is different to the previous one, and you fit our criteria above, then you can apply for a grant. The only condition we may make is that other applications are assessed ahead of yours.
3. How do I know if I’m within Havebury’s operational area?
You can check whether your project is with five miles of a Havebury development by calling our Community Grant admin team on 0300 3300 900.
4. Our group is holding an event – can you contribute any grants towards it?
Unfortunately, we can’t fund running costs.
5. How can I make sure my project meets the criteria?
Call our Community Grant admin team on 0300 3300 900 for a chat before applying.