Other agencies, such as councils and schools, were there, and it was great to get out and about after a few years of Covid-19 restrictions.
You also agreed, with one resident explaining:
“It’s been nice to break down the barrier between tenant and landlord and work together for a purpose and to see the local schools involved. It just shows how much Havebury care”.
You can find out more about last year’s events here.
We’re running more community days this summer.
Our first event will be at the Leiston Centre, Clements Est, Haverhill CB9 8JJ, on Thursday, 25 May, between 10.30 am and 2 pm.
What will we be doing?
We’ll be litter-picking and planting flowers with the allotment group from Haverhill. We will also be on hand to discuss any questions or issues you have with your neighbourhood or your home, and we can also give help and advice about your tenancy, income or benefits.
Who else will be there?
- West Suffolk Council Families & Community Team can help identify projects and activities within your community.
- Local Conversation Project enables local people to lead community development in their area.
- Clements Residents Association was set up to help residents with any issues that affect them or their community. This could be improvements needed in the area to organising community activities. They also work with local authorities to find solutions to local problems.
- Allotment group are a local group with a firmly established membership who work on the allotment plots in Haverhill.
- Men’s Shed is a social group for mainly older men to meet for activities such as woodworking, metalworking, and model building while giving them an opportunity to talk about any personal issues.
- Town Councillors provide a bridge between the community and the council that represent the local area.
How can you find out more?
We would love to see you there. You can get involved with any of the activities or pop down for a chat.
If you would like to register your interest in advance or find out more information, please send an email to email@example.com
Other community days later this year include:
Thursday 29 June – Bury St Edmunds Town Centre
Tuesday 25 July – Parkway/Old Haverhill
Tuesday 12 September – Thetford
Keep your eyes on our website and social media channels for more details on these, or get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org to register early interest.